Glutathione, or Glutathione with a Sulfer/Hydrogen Bond (GSH), is considered one of the most important molecules in the human body. It protects cells from the damaging effects of toxins and oxidative stress. The Glutathione, found in Abbe Skincare products, is a stable and clinically tested formula. Glutathione is considered the "master antioxidant", and helps eliminate toxins from the body by supporting the function of the liver, kidneys, GI tract, and intestines - the body's major detoxification pathways. It helps eliminate toxins and ingested chemicals that the body has already absorbed and intercepts and neutralizes toxins in the GI tract before they can be absorbed.*
Benefits of Glutathione
Glutathione protects thiol protein groups from oxidation and is involved in cellular detoxification to help maintain cells. GSH never becomes a free radical. It can recycle itself constantly to neutralize free radicals and helps to support other antioxidants to do their work. Glutathione can be very important in anti-aging and can help remove discolorations of the skin and provide energy to the body.
- Antioxidant Protection - Assists with inflammatory conditions.
- Immune System Fortification - Expands the vitality and overall function of the body physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- Detoxification - Essential for binding toxins for elimination from the body. Including heavy metals.
- Skin Lightening and Anti-Wrinkle - Mitigates signs of aging on the skin, including wrinkles, brown spots, and sagging skin.
As we age, our bodies produce less Glutathione than they did when we were younger and healthier. For optimal health and well-being, many medical and scientific sources are touting the benefits of raising and maintaining glutathione levels in the body, starting at age 20.
“GSH (Glutathione) is one of the most extensively studied chemicals of the human body and its decline with aging and disease and disease risk is well-established. GSH is needed both for maintenance of normal metabolism and for defense against a range of diseases and toxicity mechanisms” (Natural Medicine Journal Dean P Jones, Ph.D.).
Potential Causes of a Glutathione Deficiency
- Stressful Lifestyle
- Toxic Chemicals
- Environmental Exposures
- Chronological Aging
- Nutritional Imbalances
- Immune System Response
When glutathione is not found in sufficient quantities within the body, there is some evidence that oxidative stress is involved in many pathological processes, including:
- Accelerated symptoms associated with aging
- Autoimmune Disorders - Diabetes ll, Rheumatoid Arthritis(RA), Multiple Sclerosis(MS), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Lupus and Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SL Bacterial Infections), Multiple Chemical Sensitivity(MCS)
- Neurological Conditions - Alzheimer’s, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), Bipolar Disorders, Depression, Down’s Syndrome, Parkinson’s, Seizure (Epilepsy), Schizophrenia
- Cardiovascular Conditions - Atherosclerosis, Brain Stroke, Cardiovascular Disease, Coronary Heart Disease (CHD), Hypertension, Reperfusion Injury
- Skin Disorders - Acne Vulgaris, Allergic Contact Dermatitis, Behcet's Disease, Psoriasis, Sunburn
- Toxicity - ACETAMINOPHEN TOXICITY, Heavy Metal Toxicity
- Pulmonary Conditions - Asthma, Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Emphysema, Pulmonary Fibrosis, Cystic Fibrosis
- Trauma & Burns (Healing/Recovery) - Decrease Recovery Time From Burns and Wounds, Cold Stress, Strenuous Exercise& Athletic Performance, Enhances Athletic Performance, Sepsis
Glutathione in Our Products
The Glutathione found in Abbe Skincare products is an ultra pure ingredient with an assay value of 99.0% - 101.0%. It is a triple encapsulated nanoparticle designed to quickly absorb into your skin without degradation of the Glutathione.
- Contains no additives, artificial flavors, or preservatives
- Has no animal origin material (vegetarian)
- No Chemical Synthesis
- No TSE/BSE risk
- GMP-compliant manufacturing
Unfortunately, most manufacturing processes destroy glutathione and can contain PEGs, Hormone Disruptors, Phthalates, Fragrances, DMAE, and other toxic chemicals. Triple encapsulated glutathione nanoparticles in cream form applied to your skin, face or body, is one of the most effective ways to introduce glutathione to the human body. The nanoparticles can easily penetrate the skin allowing the glutathione to reach the body more quickly. While triple encapsulating the glutathione helps prevent exposure to oxygen and limits the degradation of the glutathione molecules before they are absorbed.
Why not an oral supplement?
Glutathione is a tripeptide consisting of cysteine, glycine, and glutamate and functions as a major antioxidant. Most Glutathione oral supplements are not stable, as the three peptides are degraded with exposure to oxygen. Stomach acids also continue to break down and separate the amino acids causing them to be ineffective when ingested. At this time, there is no research proving oral supplements are effective at increasing glutathione levels in the human body.
If you search the internet, you'll find many different resources related to the benefits of transdermal glutathione cream. Here are just a few for you to reference.